How-to Wednesday: Make your art and accessories sing with the right wall colors
The area rugs and art combinations from Monday’s post, need a good background color to to allow them to take center stage.
1. Usually it is best to choose your area rug before deciding on your art.
2. Once the area rug has been selected, use it as a guide for other accessory considerations, for a harmonious home.
3. Since your overall paint color will have a large presence in the room, keep these things in mind.
- Wall colors should be background colors it’s job is to make your furnishings look great!
- Your art should stand out against the wall color, not compete with it.
Here are some very popular paint color choices, that get significant activity from our pinterest boards.
It’s been repinned 94 times!
Candice Olsen promotes these for Benjamin Moore paints. I’m sure it’s because of their muted qualities that work well in a variety of spaces and design styles.
I’ve got a few favs too, from Sherwin Williams – These colors lend themselves well as background singers, allowing the stars of the show (home furnishings and accessories) to shine!
There are at least 3 colors from the palettes above that would work harmoniously with the following vignettes. Remember to draw inspiration from the art or rugs. You could also go with a slight contrast for depth and interest.
How’d it go? Did you choose at least 3 potential colors? Would they make great background singers?
Do you need help getting a jump start on a project?
Does the process seem a bit overwhelming?
Consider downloading our PROJECT STARTER TOOL KIT to help guide you in the right direction. It’s easy. Every new subscriber receives it for FREE! Look for the button on our home page and if you know someone that might also benefit, share it forward.
We also have 3 distinct design plans:
Refresh Your Space ,The “DIY Plan” and A Total Redesign.
Contact us to see which plan is right for you; our one hour consultation can help get you started in the right direction.
Ricci Jackson is a Certified Interior Decorator and founder of Your Design Partner. Lets work together to create a design that fits your lifestyle.
Reserve your appointment today by calling (217) 722-4806 or email us at email@example.com